The Arts, Entertainment, and Recreation sector includes a wide range of establishments that operate facilities or provide services to meet varied cultural, entertainment, and recreational interests of their patrons.
Arts, Entertainment & Recreation
The Arts, Entertainment and Recreation industry is made up of a wide range of establishments and facilities that provide patrons with cultural, entertainment or recreational services. These businesses can range from museums to amusement parks to sports venues. There are currently more than 313,000 American business establishments classified as falling within the NAICS’s Arts, Entertainment and Recreation industry sector.
- Performing Arts Companies, including:
- Theater Companies and Dinner Theaters
- Dance Companies
- Musical Groups and Artists
- Sports Teams and Clubs
- Promoters of Performing Arts, Sports, and Similar Events
- Agents and Managers, for:
- Public Figures
- Independent Artists, Writers and Performers
- Cultural Sites, including:
- Historical Sites
- Zoos and Botanical Gardens
- Nature Parks and Other Similar Institutions
- Amusement and Theme Parks
- Amusement Arcades
- Casinos (independent of hotels) and Other Gambling Industries
- Golf Courses and Country Clubs
- Skiing Facilities
- Fitness and Recreational Sports Centers
- Bowling Centers
This sector comprises (1) establishments that are involved in producing, promoting, or participating in live performances, events, or exhibits intended for public viewing; (2) establishments that preserve and exhibit objects and sites of historical, cultural, or educational interest; and (3) establishments that operate facilities or provide services that enable patrons to participate in recreational activities or pursue amusement, hobby, and leisure-time interests.
Some establishments that provide cultural, entertainment, or recreational facilities and services are classified in other sectors.
How we work
I am proud to call Wisconsin my home. Born and raised here makes me realize the wonderful lifestyle that is ours. I have worked within the Commercial area of real estate at Creative Business Services and find it fulfilling when partnering with both the Seller and Buyer side of a service-oriented business. I have owned my own service businesses in Wisconsin and welcome the opportunity to work with you when making your decision to sell or buy. – Mary Lou VanDeusen, Business Intermediary